Last night, I decided to try out a new recipe that I found. It’s called One Pot Cajun Chicken & Sausage Alfredo. I don’t cook as often as I would like (other than mac and cheese and ramen), but occasionally I like to find a good recipe and give it a try. This Alfredo was very creamy and flavorful – although, I wish I would have added more Cajun seasoning to give it a little more of a kick! Here is the recipe:
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning plus more for topping
- 4 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- Start with a large covered cooking pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and cajun seasoning to pot.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.
Let me know if you try it!
Comment or let me know on insta @lo_renee
xo, lo renee