I wanted to write this blog post, because I’ve had a lot of people ask me how I do my topknot. This is my #1 go to hairstyle. My hair is out of my face, still cute, and you can literally wear this hairstyle with nikes and a t-shirt or rock it with a romper. So versatile. Sometimes it takes me a couple tries to get the right look that I want, but it’s so easy to do. If I shake my head and my topknot does not move, I know it will stay in all day – that is how I test it out. Ha. I hope you enjoy this post 🙂
- curling iron/straightener
- spin pins
- bobby pins
- optional: shine spray (love)
1. I grab a small section on the top of my head. I’ll comb thru it with my fingers (and leave some of the bumps), so it will have a messier look.
2. I’ll twist my hair around a few times, and start wrapping it around – kind of like a ballerina bun.
3. Next, I’ll tuck in any loose hair that I don’t want sticking out. Bobby pins come in handy here, if you need them!
4. Now, it’s time for the spin pins. When I put mine in, I like to spin mine in from different directions. (So, inside the bun it’ll look like an ‘X’)
5. Last, I like to tug at my bun to make it bigger and messier.
And that’s it! Topknot complete 🙂
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them below! Thanks for reading!
xo, Lo Renee