Happy Sunday friends! Can you believe that Christmas is only 9 weeks away?! I feel like this year has flown by. The weather here in Memphis is FINALLY cooling off and it’s starting to feel a lot like fall. Fall is easily my most favorite season of all. I love the cooler temps, leaves changing colors, and the fashion. Boots, oversized sweaters, leggings, and hats! I saw this Free People dress the other day and thought, “I have to have it!” It is super cozy and super flowy (my favorite). This is the kind of dress I with I could wear everyday!
dress: oxford mini dress
similar dresses: pavlo dress & paradise mini dress
Over the past couple months, I have tested (and tossed) countless beauty products. It’s hard to find those perfect products that just work well. These five products that I’ll be talking about in this post are products that I use almost daily!
Crest Pro-Health HD
- The Crest Pro-Health HD toothpaste is easily in my top favorite products of all time. I’m so impatient when it comes to whitening my teeth, like I want results overnight dang it. With this toothpaste, I can see results after one use. Use Step 1 and brush for one minute, then without rinsing, apply Step 2 to your toothbrush and brush for one minute. After that, you can rinse and see your results!
UNITE Hair Boosta Spray
- If your hair is flat – even after you blow dry your hair – this product is what you need. Just spray this product onto damp hair at your roots and massage it in before blow drying. I can tell a difference from when I use it vs when I do not. Go from flat to fab with this Boosta Spray!
Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
- Do you want to know how many dry shampoos I have tried before finding this one? At least thirteen – no lie. Other dry shampoos either made my hair look greasier OR made my hair feel straw-like. Gross. This product leaves my hair feeling like I just washed my hair. It is fresh and smells super clean! **UPDATE: They no longer make this dry shampoo so I have linked the new one I use 🙂
Clinique Stay-Matte Hydrator
- Out of all the products I’ll be talking about in this post, THIS is my number one, go to, my ride or die, CANNOT live without product. My face is literally so oily – I just can’t sometimes. I have used every kind of face wash, toner, you name it, I’ve used it. I apply this product after I put my moisturizer on and before putting my make up on. It is a life saver!
- If you have read my blog post, Topknot: How to, then you know what these are. If not, this is a game changer when it comes to topknots or buns in general. These bad boys take the place of 50 bobby pins. Can I get an amen?! They are SO easy to use, and definitely worth it!
These are the products that I use all. the. time. Comment below or let me know on Instagram if you’ve used any of these products! Thanks for reading!
This recipe, y’all. I just love it. When I am craving chocolate chip cookies, but do not want to make a whole batch… THIS is the recipe I look for. It’s so simple, and all the ingredients you need are most likely already in your kitchen.
You can make this cookie in a mug, in a bowl, or whatever you prefer!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all -purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (I like to add extra)
- In a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave, 15 to 30 seconds. Add the sugar and brown sugar; stir to combine. Add the egg and vanilla extract; whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl; stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
xo, Lo Renee
I wanted to write this blog post, because I’ve had a lot of people ask me how I do my topknot. This is my #1 go to hairstyle. My hair is out of my face, still cute, and you can literally wear this hairstyle with nikes and a t-shirt or rock it with a romper. So versatile. Sometimes it takes me a couple tries to get the right look that I want, but it’s so easy to do. If I shake my head and my topknot does not move, I know it will stay in all day – that is how I test it out. Ha. I hope you enjoy this post 🙂
- curling iron/straightener
- spin pins
- bobby pins
- optional: shine spray (love)
1. I grab a small section on the top of my head. I’ll comb thru it with my fingers (and leave some of the bumps), so it will have a messier look.
2. I’ll twist my hair around a few times, and start wrapping it around – kind of like a ballerina bun.
3. Next, I’ll tuck in any loose hair that I don’t want sticking out. Bobby pins come in handy here, if you need them!
4. Now, it’s time for the spin pins. When I put mine in, I like to spin mine in from different directions. (So, inside the bun it’ll look like an ‘X’)
5. Last, I like to tug at my bun to make it bigger and messier.
And that’s it! Topknot complete 🙂
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them below! Thanks for reading!
xo, Lo Renee
Last night, I decided to try out a new recipe that I found. It’s called One Pot Cajun Chicken & Sausage Alfredo. I don’t cook as often as I would like (other than mac and cheese and ramen), but occasionally I like to find a good recipe and give it a try. This Alfredo was very creamy and flavorful – although, I wish I would have added more Cajun seasoning to give it a little more of a kick! Here is the recipe:
- Start with a large covered cooking pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and cajun seasoning to pot.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.
Let me know if you try it!
Comment or let me know on insta @lo_renee
xo, lo renee
Would you just look at how cute this swell bottle is? WOULD YA JUST LOOK AT IT!? This bottle is freaking adorable (they also have many other colors and designs) & keeps things cold for 24 hrs and hot for 12 hrs. I carry this bottle around with me everywhere. Did you know that drinking out of plastic water bottles is not the best thing? I didn’t know until recently. I was reading an article about it and was amazed at the facts. If the plastic water bottle you have in your hand right now has been sitting in the heat – it’s best to put it down.
“Bottled water companies increasingly use BPA-free plastic, but laced into plastic bottles are other chemicals that can seep out if bottles are exposed to heat or sit around for a long time. Some of these chemicals are possible endocrine disruptors.”
No thank you. I’ll stick to my swell bottle which keeps my liquids at the perfect temperature all day!
xo, lo renee
I honestly never make New Years Resolutions. Why? Because after the first week of January, I always break the resolution. This year I decided to make some and stick with them and I have a feeling this year is going to be the best year yet.
- Push myself to be the best I can be.
- Tithe regularly.
- Stop being lazy.
- Help others.
- Host more giveaways for my blog.
Funny story. This morning I was tired and I went to bed late last night because of New Years. I didn’t want to get out of bed, but I said “Self, one of your New Years resolutions is to stop being lazy. You need to get up and get ready for church.” So that’s exactly what I did. I got up, ate breakfast, got ready, and headed to church. When I got to church, I noticed that there were no cars in the parking lot. I was confused and then remembered two weeks ago the pastor said, “We will not be having service on Christmas Day and New Years Day. Enjoy time with your family!” I couldn’t believe it, but I was proud of myself for getting up and not breaking my resolution on January 1st!
Do you have any resolutions for 2017?
XO, Lo Renee