Happy Halloween! It’s so cold outside today and I love it. Tonight, I’ll be relaxing on my couch while I wait for all the trick-or-treaters to come to my door.
Influenster sent me two different colors of Maybelline lipsticks to try out and review. I normally don’t wear dark lipstick, so when I opened my package my initial thought was “Oh boy.” The first color I tried out was the Molten Bronze shade, which is sort of like a brown color. The second color I tried was the Smoked Silver shade, which turned out to be more of a purple color. When applying both of the colors on, I noticed it was hard to get the color to stay on my lips. I love the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick, because they literally stay on my lips all day long without having to reapply. So, I decided to use a lip primer to improve the color, and it helped out a lot.
Overall, both of these colors are super pretty on, but I would definitely recommend using a lip primer to help with the color and longevity of wear.
Over the past couple months, I have tested (and tossed) countless beauty products. It’s hard to find those perfect products that just work well. These five products that I’ll be talking about in this post are products that I use almost daily!
Crest Pro-Health HD
- The Crest Pro-Health HD toothpaste is easily in my top favorite products of all time. I’m so impatient when it comes to whitening my teeth, like I want results overnight dang it. With this toothpaste, I can see results after one use. Use Step 1 and brush for one minute, then without rinsing, apply Step 2 to your toothbrush and brush for one minute. After that, you can rinse and see your results!
UNITE Hair Boosta Spray
- If your hair is flat – even after you blow dry your hair – this product is what you need. Just spray this product onto damp hair at your roots and massage it in before blow drying. I can tell a difference from when I use it vs when I do not. Go from flat to fab with this Boosta Spray!
Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
- Do you want to know how many dry shampoos I have tried before finding this one? At least thirteen – no lie. Other dry shampoos either made my hair look greasier OR made my hair feel straw-like. Gross. This product leaves my hair feeling like I just washed my hair. It is fresh and smells super clean! **UPDATE: They no longer make this dry shampoo so I have linked the new one I use 🙂
Clinique Stay-Matte Hydrator
- Out of all the products I’ll be talking about in this post, THIS is my number one, go to, my ride or die, CANNOT live without product. My face is literally so oily – I just can’t sometimes. I have used every kind of face wash, toner, you name it, I’ve used it. I apply this product after I put my moisturizer on and before putting my make up on. It is a life saver!
- If you have read my blog post, Topknot: How to, then you know what these are. If not, this is a game changer when it comes to topknots or buns in general. These bad boys take the place of 50 bobby pins. Can I get an amen?! They are SO easy to use, and definitely worth it!
These are the products that I use all. the. time. Comment below or let me know on Instagram if you’ve used any of these products! Thanks for reading!
I wanted to write this blog post, because I’ve had a lot of people ask me how I do my topknot. This is my #1 go to hairstyle. My hair is out of my face, still cute, and you can literally wear this hairstyle with nikes and a t-shirt or rock it with a romper. So versatile. Sometimes it takes me a couple tries to get the right look that I want, but it’s so easy to do. If I shake my head and my topknot does not move, I know it will stay in all day – that is how I test it out. Ha. I hope you enjoy this post 🙂
- curling iron/straightener
- spin pins
- bobby pins
- optional: shine spray (love)
1. I grab a small section on the top of my head. I’ll comb thru it with my fingers (and leave some of the bumps), so it will have a messier look.
2. I’ll twist my hair around a few times, and start wrapping it around – kind of like a ballerina bun.
3. Next, I’ll tuck in any loose hair that I don’t want sticking out. Bobby pins come in handy here, if you need them!
4. Now, it’s time for the spin pins. When I put mine in, I like to spin mine in from different directions. (So, inside the bun it’ll look like an ‘X’)
5. Last, I like to tug at my bun to make it bigger and messier.
And that’s it! Topknot complete 🙂
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them below! Thanks for reading!
xo, Lo Renee